No download is a key feature for your Daily.co calls. Just click your meeting link.
Here's a little workaround to make your clicks even faster. By adding an "autojoin" argument to the end of a meeting link, you further bypass the join page.
Heads up - the autojoin version of your link only opens on computers!
Usually, when you click on a meeting link, you see our join page.
- The join page is useful because it gives you more options – like dial-in. A dial-in user clicks on your meeting's number. The join page also lets our hardware customers, who pay for our conference room kit, to join video calls on a TV (Learn more about our hardware for TVs and conference rooms.)
- Computers can bypass this join page! Add '?autojoin=t' to the end of your meeting link.
- Like this: [you].daily.co/hello?autojoin=t
👀CAUTION: the autojoin version of links does NOT open on phones
Phones, dial-in and autojoin
To clarify, your call does have free dial-in in 25+ countries. However, a mobile user can't open the autojoin version of a link. Instead, phone guests need to click on the standard version of your link, to quickly tap the dial-in number. (Or they can just manually dial-in.)
👉 The autojoin version of your link only can be clicked on computers.
- Get a meeting link at daily.co
- Add "?autojoin=t" at the end of your link
- Just click on the autjoin link on a computer, and you go straight into your video call.
🤔 Remember to share the standard version of your link if guests are clicking on their phones, for dial-in!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us, 9 am - 5 pm PST (GMT -8). Cheers!