Is your Daily.co TV in an office environment? Does your company have an IT department? Your IT department likely needs to specifically allow your Daily.co TV access to your network.
The Daily.co TV needs 2 things from your network to be able to function properly:
- Be able to get online — be assigned a DHCP address.
- Be allowed to accept internet traffic of different kinds — specifically to send/receive UDP traffic.
Most likely, your IT department limits what devices have access to your office's network. They will need to whitelist your Daily.co TV so that it can connect to the network. This will allow your Daily.co TV to fully access the internet.
Fun fact: when you're in a coffee shop, hotel room, or flight, you may get a pop-up window in order to let you onto the network. This is a "captive portal" — a classic example of being able to get a DHCP address, but not being allowed to get/send all Internet traffic. Until you accept their terms or make payment, you aren't allowed to fully access the internet.
Whitelist your Daily.co TV device
- Contact us to get your MAC address.
- You'll then need to speak with your IT person to whitelist this MAC address. Your network will then recognize the address, and grant your Daily.co TV the network permissions it needs!
Still not working?
- Make sure the ethernet jack you are connecting to is live. Sometimes an IT department will turn off unused ethernet jacks and they will need to specifically enable it. Try plugging in a device that you know can connect to your network to test whether or not that ethernet jack is working.
- Make sure your ethernet cable works. Try swapping out ethernet cables. You may have a faulty or damaged cable.
- Make sure the ethernet port on your Daily.co TV is functioning. The port on your Daily.co TV may be broken. Look for lights by the ethernet port when your device is powered on and the ethernet cable is plugged in. Contact Daily.co support if there is a hardware issue and we can ship out a replacement right away.
Need more help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime. Chat with us M–F, 9am–5pm PST.