Daily.co, our software, is free on any computer or phone, for anyone, anywhere. We also make an affordable conference room solution, Daily.co TV.
Our goal is to make video conferencing as simple as possible. We felt that part of that is providing a new pricing model. Traditional video conferencing pricing – esp. for conference rooms – is tough, in a few ways.
- User fee & seat license details. Whether you're using cloud/software meetings (for video calls on a computer), or conference room equipment, customers often have to buy "seats" or "licenses."
- Conference rooms: High upfront equipment costs. To get started with a conference room system, you have to pay several hundred dollars, and often more, for the equipment that connects to your TV.
- Conference rooms: Expensive, annual contracts. On top of the expensive equipment, customers have to pay expensive annual subscriptions. While the subscriptions are presented with "monthly billing costs," you're locked into an annual contract.
We offer 2 plans. First, Daily.co is free on computers. We also make Daily.co TV, which is our affordable, plug-n-play conference room equipment. Read on for details, and please let us know what you think.
Daily.co: free 1-click browser calls
- You can start & join meetings free, anywhere, with anyone. Just use Chrome.
- No user fees or seat licenses: Just someone send a link, no cost to them or you.
- Click now to get a free custom subdomain. Or get free instant links in Google Calendar.
- Where we charge is for conference room hardware.
Daily.co TV: How our conference room pricing is different
Your Daily.co TV includes a (1) $150 one-time hardware fee, (2) $50 monthly service fee, and (3) free software for anywhere, anyone.
- One-time hardware fee. Instead of charging a high purchase fee up front, we structure the hardware as a service. You pay a one-time, non-refundable hardware fee: $150 for your first Daily.co TV kit. That drops to $50/additional kit. This fee is non-refundable after 60 days. (Cancel within your first 2 months, and we'll refund it.)
- You keep the hardware as long as you're a monthly service customer.
- Monthly service, no annual contract billing. It's $50/month for Daily.co TV. Cancel anytime.
- If you cancel, we're sorry to see you go, but no problem. We have no interest in locking you in. To cancel your account, we require that you return your complete, undamaged equipment. (That equipment is something we subsidize for our paying service customers.)
- We charge $762.35 for each unreturned, incomplete, or damaged system.
- 60 day no risk return. If you cancel and return the equipment within 60 days, we refund everything.
- Free software. By the way, your Daily.co TV service of course includes the free computer meetings. That means you can use Daily.co anywhere on the go (on a computer). And you can send anyone in the world a link to join you. (They don't need to be a Daily.co user, or be in your company.)
Sample pricing for 2 boxes
Let's say you want to buy 2 systems, one each for your 2 conference rooms.
- Hardware fee is $200. That's $150/first system and $50 for your second system.
- Your monthly fee is $100. That's $50/system x 2.
- So your cost at checkout is $300. ($200 hardware fee, $100 fee for your first month)
- If you cancel in 60 days, once you return both Daily.co hardware kits, we'll completely refund anything you've paid. (Let's say you cancelled within 30 days. Your refund is $300. If you stayed an additional month, you paid $100 more for the second month of service. So your refund is $400.)
- After 60 days, you still can cancel anytime. We don't return your $200 hardware fee.
We based our pricing after talking to startups, SMBs, and distributed teams about what they needed to grow. We hope it makes sense, and are glad to answer any questions!